Monday, April 15, 2013

LIVE IN REMEMBERENCE!


Ever consider how quickly we can forget …

… how we felt on a vacation, forget the smells, the sounds, the warm air and gentle breezes especially when we come back home to winter, colds and flu, and daily tasks?

I was not able to write while we were in Uganda; too much to do and then too tired. After we arrived home, I felt sick from food changing so fast. Then we also had so much to do in the busyness of regular life at home. Writing helps me remember. I don’t want to forget all the beautiful people. I don’t want to forget all God showed us and taught us there and on the journey.

Remembering takes time and commitment. This past week I saw how vital remembering is. These past couple of weeks I have been plagued with allergies and asthma. I have not breathed well and it has left me very tired. I could not write or even think some times. I noticed that we had stopped singing our favorite new songs The Motions, and Awesome. Everyone was busy this week. Most importantly, I realized that my daily Bible reading had changed. I was weary.

For the past few months, I had hung out in the Psalms and I was daily reminded to praise God. I studied the Hebrew and learned that words translated for praise could mean, lift your hands, jump for joy, or shout in victory … Our worship became fuller and livelier. This week I stopped the reading the Psalms thinking a theological study in John would be good, and it is, but I didn’t get those daily reminders as I did when reading five Psalms each day.

How I need to feed on God’s words to praise Him. If we are not living in a place, we can forget the feel of it. If we are not living in the worship of God and in His presence daily, we can forget His feel.

I am starting to recover my breath, so I am up writing again and thoughtfully remembering Uganda so I can share with others. I am singing again so I meditate and, rehearse God’s awesome work in my life. I am committed to reading and practicing the Psalms, God’s living Word to me.

I’ve marked in red all of God’s wonderful attributes and mighty works so they stand out to me. I need to SEE His greatness daily. I have also marked the response that I need to make to Him in green. Those responses need to stand out so I never forget that I have a responsibility to Him. RED is for Stop. Consider all God is, all He has done, and will do. GREEN is to Go and live my response to His goodness. I open to Psalm 98. “Oh sing unto the LORD a new song! For He has done marvelous things…”

I want to live in the presence of God. I don’t want to forget all his mighty works in my life. I want to praise Him, lifting my hands. I will shout in victory because Jesus has lived, died and now lives again for me and I am His, saved and free!

LIVE IN REMEMBERENCE! CELEBRATE OUR KING! HALLELUJAH!
BLESS THE LORD OH MY SOUL AND FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS! Ps.103

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would LOVE to hear from you! Post a comment if you so desire.